The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) , which takes place 30 April – 3 May in Houston, has announced 13 technologies that will receive the 2012 Spotlight on New Technology Award recognizing innovative new products that provide significant impact for offshore exploration and production. The awards will be presented today in the Reliant Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology program gives exhibitors an opportunity to gain visibility for their latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies at the world’s largest event for the development of offshore resources.
Winning technologies were selected based on the technology being less than 2 years old, displayed innovation as noted by original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry. Winning technologies must also have gone through full-scale application or successful prototype testing and demonstrated broad appeal for the industry. And importantly, the technology must provide significant benefits beyond existing technologies.
“This year’s award recipients focus attention on the inventive and advanced technologies that allow the industry to produce offshore resources,” said Steve Balint, 2012 OTC chairperson. “I would like to congratulate all the Spotlight award winners for representing a broad range of technologies and solutions, and for making this a highlight of OTC.”
Spotlight Recipients and Products for 2012:
- Baker Hughes–TeleCoil™ Downhole Communication System
- Baker Hughes–MaxCOR™ Large-Diameter Rotary Sidewall Coring Service
- ClampOn–ClampOn Subsea Corrosion-Erosion Monitor
- Dockwise–Dockwise Vanguard
- FMC Technologies–Pazflor Subsea Separation System
- FMC Technologies and Petrobras–Marlim Subsea Oil-Water Separation System
- Halliburton–EquiFlow® Autonomous Inflow Control Device (AICD)
- Reelwell AS–Reelwell Downhole Isolation System (RDIS)
- Schlumberger–Signature quartz gauges
- Schlumberger–PowerDrive Archer high build rate RSS
- ShawCor Ltd.–The ShawCor Simulated Service Vessel (SSV)™
- Tesco Corporation–Directional Liner Drilling System
- Versabar, Inc.–The Claw