During its Annual Conference, April 22-26, at the Boca Raton Resort, Boca Raton, Fla., the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) elected Alan Barnhart, Memphis, Tenn., as President. Joining Barnhart as officers for the 2014-2015 term are:
- Chairman: Ron Montgomery, Intermountain Rigging and Heavy Haul, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Vice President: Bruce Forster, Rigging Gear Sales, Dixon, Ill.
- Treasurer: Delynn Burkhalter, Burkhalter, Columbus, Miss.
- Assistant Treasurer: John McTyre Sr., McTyre Trucking, Orlando, Fla.
Also joining the Board are four newly elected Group Chairs:
- Allied Industries Group: Eddy Kitchen, Kitchen’s Crane & Equipment, Chesterfield, Va.
- Crane & Rigging Group: Larry Curran, J.J. Curran Crane Company, Detroit, Mich.
- Transportation Group: Jay Folladori, Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Ladies Group: Karen Wood, WHECO Corporation, Richland, Wash.
The newly-elected officers will serve one-year terms that will expire at the Association’s next Annual Conference, to be held April 14-18, 2015 at the La Costa Resort & Spa, Carlsbad, Calif.
Additionally, SC&RA elected the following six new Board members to serve three-year terms:
- Scott Bragg, Bragg Companies, Long Beach, Calif.
- Michael Connelly, Connelly Crane Rental Corp., Detroit, Mich.
- David Cowley, Cowley & Associates, Longview, Texas
- Geary Buchanan, Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, Inc., Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Richard Miller, Bigge Crane & Rigging, San Leandro, Calif.
- Gary Stang, Anderson Trucking Service, Inc., St. Cloud, Minn.
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 43 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.